It’s easy to create a personalized voicemail greeting to let people know they reached the right person. People are more likely to leave a voicemail message when they hear your voice instead of a generic default voicemail greeting.
Record a Voicemail Greeting
Here’s how to create a custom voicemail greeting on the iPhone.
- Open the Phone app.
- Select Voicemail in the bottom right corner of the window.
- In the Voicemail screen, tap Greeting in the top left corner of the window.
- Selecting Default will use the generic greeting from your cellular provider.
- To record a custom greeting, select Custom and tap Record.
- Record the message you want someone to hear when you miss their call. Tap Stop when you’re done recording. You can listen to what you’ve just recorded by pressing Play. If you don’t like the message, just tap Record again to record over it.
- Tap Save to use the message as your voicemail greeting.