It’s easy to use your iPhone to quickly scan a document. Scanning with an iPhone is more than simply taking a picture of a document. If you scan using the Files app, the scanned image will only capture the document (with no background) and the size will be adjusted to eliminate any issues due to the scan angle. This produces a much better result than simply taking a picture.
Scan a Document with the Files App
1. Open the Files app and navigate to the top-level window.
2. Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the window.
3. Select “Scan Documents.”
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to position and scan the document.
5. Tap Save when finished.
6. Tap “Scanned Document” to change the name of the file and select a location to save the document.
7. Tap Save in the top right corner of the window to save the scanned image.
You can also scan an image using the Notes app. This will save the image as a note in the Notes app instead of a standalone PDF file in the Files app.